Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Battletech Returns...someday

CAMPER!!...And LM's Friend- 10 Year Member Rance's Avatar

Arcade

Battletech Returns...someday

I found this good news...except the Kickstarter hasn't even started yet. Oh well. someday...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015...t-kickstarter/

Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce their return to Kickstarter this Fall to partner with backers in co-funding the creation of BATTLETECH. Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, is back with the first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over two decades. Steeped in the feudal political intrigue of the BattleTech universe, the game will feature an open-ended Mercenaries-style campaign that blends RPG ‘Mech and MechWarrior management with modern turn-based tactics.

Re: Battletech Returns...someday

I loved it as a table top game and would like to see it on PC if done well. MechWarrior Tactics was shaping up to be great until the company that was working on it folded or whatever.

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

I would be definitely interested in this.

Arcade

kick starter begins in 3 days. IE September 29, 2015
    Last edited by DrPox; 09-26-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds

Currently Playing:
    Wurm Unlimited - Poxwind server owner/operator.

that game that once was-
    Poxic, Dire, Pox, DrPox,

Retired:
    To many to count?

Arcade

Yes, I got an email from them...been saving my pennies Time for a new t-shirt.

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

I am worried because on their website if you go to GENCON, you get a free collectible mech. I am really hoping this isn't going to be one of those games where you have a CCG aspect to it like MechWarrior Tactics did. That will just piss me off and not buy into it. Jordan did the same with MechWarrior Dark Age (clix game) and initially it was nice but every iteration became better so you had to keep buying stuff. I was hoping this was a single player game, not a squeeze my wallet dry game. I have enough of those.

Arcade

I did not think of that and it would really annoy me. I hated MW Tactics, still have a ton of Dark Age stuff in the attic gathering dust and thinking back to all the games he started and then wanted lots of money for...makes me nervous now. Guess there will be a lot of reading the fine print. Hoping he wasn't looking at Star Citizen and licking his lips. I met him and his son at a convention years ago when he was doing a demo of some game that never panned out...just seemed like a regular gamer back then. Maybe he has grandkids to feed now...

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

Yeah I met him at GENCON one year at the height of MechWarrior Dark Age. At that time I was running a bunch of events for the Solaris ruleset for DA. It was a huge success at the con. Unfortunately, he had sold WizKids to Topps, and then they came after me with their corporate lawyers to cease and desist with Solaris. I am still pretty mad about that, but that wasn't Jordan I don't think.

Arcade

That sucks. And yeah it was at GenCon back in the good old days when it was still in Milwaukee :/

Arcade

Hmm, kickstarter may finally get some money from me. Loved this tabletop back in the day, and played most of the computer games.
    Games with OTG
    GW2/ TOR/ CoH/ AoC/ Rift/ WoW/ DDO/ LOTR/ Champions Online/ Runes of Magic/ StarTrek/ Warhammer online/ EQ2/ Secret World/ Wildstar/ ESO/ Skyforge

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

One of my favorite restaurants is in Milwaukee, the Caldorone Club. They had this seafood pasta dish with a spicy white sauce that literally brought tears to my eyes it was so tasty, the owner chef came to my table 6 times that meal. I left a $75 tip for a $30 meal. I went there several times. Great food.

Arcade

Only place I remember was a little café a couple blocks away where we went for breakfast...always crowded but great food! The first year we went I made the mistake of driving (from Oregon)...never did that again! After a couple years we switched and started going to PAX...much closer

edit: not really excited about the awards for the kickstarter so far...

General Games Officer - Knight of Chutzpah - 10 Year Member Daemoro's Avatar

Arcade

I may or may not have access to a backer only Atlas variant
    --Daemoro

I was once told that if I continued along my current course that I would be ostracized. I replied "I don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound pleasant for me OR the ostrich."

"I'm the funniest person I know."

10 Year Member, OUR MOST BELOVED BIG DADDY Wraith's Avatar

Arcade

All I can say is... Wow. I'm not going to say why I am saying wow, but, just... WOW!

Oh... btw, I am a 10 time Solaris Champion. (that's 100 consecutive wins.)

BROS BEFORE MMOS
    H+

Arcade

Ein Doppelpost

BROS BEFORE MMOS
    H+

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

Dang, I might go for the jacket.

Arcade

I looked at that and then thought 'where would I wear it?' Then I thought, 'hey, while I play!' Would rather have a t-shirt...and a model mech

Arcade

I have backed this game
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds

Currently Playing:
    Wurm Unlimited - Poxwind server owner/operator.

that game that once was-
    Poxic, Dire, Pox, DrPox,

Retired:
    To many to count?

Arcade

After going back and looking at everthing again, I'm going to wait a while. Seems like there is quite a distance between the $275 tier and the next one at $1000. They said if they reached certain goals they would add more options and they're already at almost half a million in 3 hours so there's plenty of time. I like the plan though. Be fun to be an NPC in the game

edit: btw...

BATTLETECH is in pre-production, so many decisions, like the final 'Mech roster, are not yet determined. But here are the 'Mechs we're currently planning to include:
    LIGHT: Locust, Commando, Spider, Firestarter, Jenner, Panther, Raven, Urbanmech
    MEDIUM: Cicada, Blackjack, Vindicator, Centurion, Enforcer, Hunchback, Trebuchet, Griffin, Kintaro, Shadowhawk, Wolverine
    HEAVY: Dragon, Quickdraw, Catapult, JagerMech, Thunderbolt, Cataphract, Grasshopper, Orion
    ASSAULT: Awesome, Victor, Zeus, BattleMaster, Stalker, Highlander, Banshee, King Crab, Atlas

still no Warhammer, Marauder, Crusader, Archer...altho they did say they're still working on untangling everything and who knows what will happen by launch.

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

Yeah some of my favorite mechs, but alas I settled for the $50 package and I am sure we can upgrade if we want to.

Arcade

Stupid Hare Brained and their stupid kickstarter making me dig out all my battletech books that I just packed away a few months ago...

BROS BEFORE MMOS
    H+

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

that is their scheme...

General Games Officer - Knight of Chutzpah - 10 Year Member Daemoro's Avatar

Arcade

Hey Wraith maybe a Mechwarrior VTT game is the route you should go on Thursday nights to mix in with Star Wars and Pathfinder
    --Daemoro

I was once told that if I continued along my current course that I would be ostracized. I replied "I don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound pleasant for me OR the ostrich."

"I'm the funniest person I know."

Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoro View Post
    Hey Wraith maybe a Mechwarrior VTT game is the route you should go on Thursday nights to mix in with Star Wars and Pathfinder
    Get out of my head!

BROS BEFORE MMOS
    H+

Arcade

Stage 2... great. But I sure hope they have enough momentum left for the procedurally-generated missions at stage 3...

Not a get an inch take a mile thing, just stage 3 was what I've been hoping for since reveal yesterday. Procedurally-generated missions will keep the game going from expansion to expansion unlike SR where it's finish the campaign and wait.

BROS BEFORE MMOS
    H+

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information