Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

Arcade

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

I have no idea what a "zeta" is. *hangs head in shame*

Light Side: I am running pretty much what you said except the Jedi Guardian instead of Qui-Gon but will build him up.

Dark Side: Will do.

Thank you!!!
    Steam/XBL/Origin: mjayg | Cryptic: @mjayg | B.net: Ranter#1882 | GW2: Ranter.5492 | SkyForge: Ranter Paragon
    Defiance/Marvel Heroes/Shadowrun Chronicles: Ranter | Disney Infinity: SWAS3775113
    TSW: Heisler | SWTOR: Ranter (Legacy) | The Division: RanterX | Wildstar: Professor Ranter
    Marvel Future Fight/DC Legends: mjayg | Force Arena/Galaxy of Heroes/Clash Royale: Ranter

Kul Tiras: Ranter | Bladefist: Ranter | Anvilmar: Ranter

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

For ships, which the dailies will net you zetas, Jedi Counselor, Ahsoka, Vader all have ships. The other toons that you have, Wedge and Poe have ships. You will need to get them as high as you can as well. That only gives you 5 ships which will be the minimum. Take a look and see what other toons you can build up to use their ships. Rex and Fives are good toons to work on, Fives being better for ships. You also will need Ackbar, Mace and Tarkin for the three capital ships. Then unfortunately you also will need at least 5 light side ships and five dark side ships.
    Light side ships: Fives, JC, Ahsoka, Wedge, Poe.
    Dark side ships: Vader, Tie Fighter Pilot, Maul, First Order Tie Pilot, Boba Fett.

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

I would suggest taking a hard look at your roster and see what ships are feasible for you to get. There are ship guides. Watch those, make a plan and then stick to it. Those zetas make a world of difference.

Eventually you will want at least 4 teams for raids. Try to plan out those four teams with your ships you need. That way you are more efficient in your farming, especially if you are F2P, which there are guides for F2P players on ships, arena and raiding. Look at both Rancor and ATT as eventually you will want to get General Kenobi, as he is pretty awesome.

Arcade

Got it, thanks!
    Steam/XBL/Origin: mjayg | Cryptic: @mjayg | B.net: Ranter#1882 | GW2: Ranter.5492 | SkyForge: Ranter Paragon
    Defiance/Marvel Heroes/Shadowrun Chronicles: Ranter | Disney Infinity: SWAS3775113
    TSW: Heisler | SWTOR: Ranter (Legacy) | The Division: RanterX | Wildstar: Professor Ranter
    Marvel Future Fight/DC Legends: mjayg | Force Arena/Galaxy of Heroes/Clash Royale: Ranter

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

So here are some suggestions, but they may not be feasible for F2P:
    Kylo Ren - he can solo Heroic AAT Phase 1 if you play smart... watch some videos, but I highly suggest you max gear him and zeta his unique, he is also excellent in arena and has a ship

Vader - probably one of the single best toons for everything, zeta his leadership, add Empire toons and watch them go

Sidious - excellent with Zader, especially with his unique zeta'd

Rebels: Wedge, Biggs, Baze, Chirrut, Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, K2SO, Stormtrooper Han, Admiral Ackbar (ships) All these are excellent toons, if you can at least get 5 of them for a team, it will help a lot, especially Baze/Chirrut which people will call Chaze, and Wedge/Biggs that goes by Wiggs. Wiggs and Chaze and any other rebel make one hell of a team, or Jyn, Cassian, K2SO and Baze is also a brutal team especially if you zeta Jyn and Cassian.

Clones: Cody, Sarge, Rex, Fives, Echo, if you can get all five of them and gear them, oh boy

Sith: Nihilus is just good all around, definitely worth getting, Emperor Palpatine is another excellent choice

So hear are the teams I use in Heroic AAT (Z means zeta'd)
    Phase 1: Zylo Ren solo
    Phase 2: HK47 (lead), IG 86, IG 88, B2, Chief Nebit
    Phase 2: Cody (lead), Fives, Clone Sarge, Echo, Ewok Elder
    Phase 2: Zader (lead), Nihilus, Zidious, Tusken Shaman, Captain Phasma
    Phase 3: Chief Chirpa, Emperor Palpatine, ST Han, Sun Fac, Royal Guard (really need to watch video on how to do this team, requires a lot of restarts to get perfect start)
    Phase 4: Wedge, Biggs, Chirrut, Baze, Lando

Rancor Heroic
    solo the whole thing: Zader (lead), Zidious, Tie Fighter Pilot, Nihilus, Magmatrooper

So those are some ideas to work with, but again I don't really know how many are F2P accessible, but a fair number are. Work on one team and once your done, work on another team. Don't spread out too much or you will never get done. There are other combinations as well for teams.

Arcade

Wow, will look into all that.

Also, based on the light and dark side teams you first suggested... what about a neutral team?

Thanks!

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

No need for a neutral team, use what you have. Honestly, I rarely mix light and dark except in certain situations like the Phase 3 for HAAT. How that team works is Chirpa gives a +10% turn meter, and ST Han gives +25% turn meter when he is attacked. EP gets turn meter per shocked enemy... so if you can get shock on all 6 droids, EP can pretty much take like 10 turns in a row. the Boss B2 gets turn meter when damaged, so he will get to go. First thing is you want to get ST Han's taunt up, then Chirpa does his called assist on a droid, he needs to call EP, which this may take several restarts and you may want to watch it at least 6 times and notice which toons are called... if EP is never called switch him with one of the toons that was called... then once that works, make sure EP shocks the six droids... if he misses landing his shock, restart again till you get all six droids on shock... don't taunt with Sun Fac till at least 3 droids are shocked... RG should put his defense up and let him stun whichever droid has the super green buff on them, it is locked and can't be removed but the droid can be stunned or he could one shot one of your guys... anyway watch the videos on it for more detail... like I didn't put enough here but there are some finer points... it takes a few tries to get the feel of it but you can get about a million or more damage on the boss with good mods.

That said, most teams I use are not mixed, however probably the best arena team right now is mixed: Rex (lead), General Kenobi, Darth Nihilus, Baze, Chirrut.

My droid team though is one solid exception: I either have Chief Nebit or Jawa Engineer with my 47, 86, 88 team and B2, depending what I am running into. Generally it is 47 (lead always), 86, 88, B2 and Nebit, unless I need some more speed and don't need a tank, then I replace Nebit with JE. If I need speed and a tank and don't need debuffs, then I replace B2 with JE, but that would be a rare occasion. B2 is just too good not to have, and if the fight is that tough I may try something different.

The other exception is Barriss or actually Zarriss because when her unique is zetaed, then any critical hits on anyone in the team while she is alive will instantly heal them for 20% of total health... which basically can mean they take no damage whatsoever... she can do into any team.

R2D2 is also another toon that can go into any team, as well as Nihilus. So if you are mix/matching any three of those toons can be universal, but you need to zeta Barriss for her to be universal.

Arcade

Nice, thanks again!

Shouldn't Artoo be king in PVP? I mean, he can stun opponents with his foul language!

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

hehehe, I also forgot Kylo Ren... once zetaed he is a real beast and can go into any team... or by himself as in phase 1 of HAAT.

Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by brohawk View Post
    hehehe, I also forgot Kylo Ren... once zetaed he is a real beast and can go into any team... or by himself as in phase 1 of HAAT.
    But he's so EMO!!!

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

EMO = Extra Massive Offense

General Games Officer - Knight of Chutzpah - 10 Year Member Daemoro's Avatar

Arcade

The problem you are going to run into first is that a lot of the characters that you want to get are behind walls of money or time spent on OTHER characters so you can get to the nodes to farm them.

Vader for instance is still WAY down the road if you are Free to Play. I don't even have his ship unlocked yet and I've been playing for over a year.... every day.

Step 1: pick a toon that is easy to farm and get him to 7 stars so you can get credit from the raids we do and get free stuff. I think Chewbacca is a good option for this(but there may be better ones) and he is also in my Rancor Turn Meter Reduction Team and does well. He also fills a slot in my Scoundrel team for the scoundrel events for cold hard cash.

If you don't have money to spend then resign yourself to all this taking a lot of time. I've spent more than I should. Mostly in small doses of $10 here and there but admittedly I did drop 50 or 60 on one or two occasions
    --Daemoro

I was once told that if I continued along my current course that I would be ostracized. I replied "I don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound pleasant for me OR the ostrich."

"I'm the funniest person I know."

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

That is why I did say you need to take a look at your roster and what is available. Vader is gotten through completing achievements and occasionally in the shard shop. So yeah to get him you need to farm other toons first, but he should be a goal because he is that good.

There are several F2P guides out there that people should look at to minimize the amount of time and not put forth effort in a toon that is going to be lackluster at best, or pretty much useless. Some toons really require their compatriots to be even viable. Echo (clone) is one such toon. Without pretty much a full clone team, he sucks. In a full clone team, he is pretty good.

SWTOR Executive Officer - Will Literally Do Anything Druzod's Avatar

Arcade

You can spend ship money on Vader shards as well, which with achievements is how I got him to 7*
    The Kryptonian Legacy
    Republic: Druzod (Guardian), Corzod (Commando), Jorzod (Sage), Fa'ora (Gunslinger), Lehn Sherr (Shadow), Reyzod (Guardian)
    Empire:
    Urrax (Juggernaut), Lorzod (Mercenary), Meraxes (Sorcerer), Palpzod (Sorcerer), Melinda-May (Sniper)

I haven't seen Vader's ship blueprints anywhere though. Or am I just missing them?

Cad
    "Just because I don't care, it doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer (Simpson)

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

They are in the fleet store. I buy them when I see them. They don't show up very often. They also show up in the shard shop but are even more rare there. I check the stores every 5 hours or so.

They certainly do not show up often enough.

Arcade

Depending on how many crystals you get a day, don't be afraid to refresh the fleet every once in awhile. If you can get rex, Vader, imwe (I'm pretty sure he's in there) it's worth the 50 crystals. I have bad luck on ls/ds farming so I have found it more beneficial, at times, to flip the fleet instead of wasting crystals on ls/d's. This also depends on your fleet shop focus. I get 1700 or 1800 a day and I still run out (which means there is value to that store)

Strange note: I'm obviously not ftping my squad but if I was, I might consider saving a week or so of crystals and buying the mats from shipments. It seems it's a better crystal value even for the 1400 ones.

"Damonott, that was a lucid, intelligent and well thought-out comment. I wanted to compliment you before you regress to your mean." - Cadamus

Arcade

Rancor Raid.
    My .02. I think we need to focus on being able to complete it first. I'm in a self serving position but I really don't care what rank I end up. (Much rather have brohawk here winning them all if we are guaranteed to beat it). The shard difference between #1 and #10 is 3 shards and only drops to 5 shards from 11 TO 20.
    https://swgoh.gg/db/raids/the-pit/rewards/

If it gets to the point where we are destroying it, trust me when I say I will happily bow out. I don't possess the gene that makes me want to put, "I was #1 in Pit Raid" on my tombstone.

I don't really like the raids and only participate to help the guild. This is why I haven't joined another guild to get my Kenobi shards (which I covet for my Jedi team way more than the solo ones).

If I've been hitting the raids too hard lately, let me know. My goal has been to match the scores that have already been posted. I'm looking at top 3, not #1
    Last edited by Kinski; 05-21-2017 at 08:14 PM.

"Damonott, that was a lucid, intelligent and well thought-out comment. I wanted to compliment you before you regress to your mean." - Cadamus

The dangle of my dongle is inversely proportionate to the rub of my hub Ryukan's Avatar

Arcade

I'm still pretty noob to this, just hit lvl 40 and still working on getting a toon to rank 7. maybe Chewie, or maybe HK-47 whom I picked up from the Assassin Droid Pack. I need 33 more shards to Vader, slowing down now as I have to work the higher achievements to get shards now. Also grinding to keep gearing up my main characters in both factions.
    Ryuken/Ryukhen/Ryukan across many MMO worlds...

General Games Officer - Knight of Chutzpah - 10 Year Member Daemoro's Avatar

Arcade

I personally like HK 47. He is still the lead on my droid squad. That squad subs in when I hit tough spots on the Galactic War table very effectively.

Currently a droid squad might not get you REAL far by itself in GW or PVP but you could do worse, and droids aren't too bad for farming. They just aren't "high end" like a lot of the toons mentioned here.
    --Daemoro

I was once told that if I continued along my current course that I would be ostracized. I replied "I don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound pleasant for me OR the ostrich."

"I'm the funniest person I know."

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

I also love my droid team. They used to be my main arena team till Wiggs/Chaze showed up. They are still very useful in GW and unlocking battles. B2 is still probably the best debuffer out there. 88 can also be used as a scoundrel for credits/training droids.

Arcade

I will choose to play against a Nihilus or gen Kenobi team before I fight a team that has B2. Even Chaze isn't an issue (most of the time). They are a pita but b2 is the bane against my team.

SWTOR Executive Officer - Will Literally Do Anything Druzod's Avatar

Arcade

So what's the best way to get Zetas? They are exorbitant with ship comms. It would take me forever to get the 20 needed for just one toon.
    The Kryptonian Legacy
    Republic: Druzod (Guardian), Corzod (Commando), Jorzod (Sage), Fa'ora (Gunslinger), Lehn Sherr (Shadow), Reyzod (Guardian)
    Empire:
    Urrax (Juggernaut), Lorzod (Mercenary), Meraxes (Sorcerer), Palpzod (Sorcerer), Melinda-May (Sniper)

The Old Timers Guild

Arcade

I use ship store and yeah, I get one every other day or less.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information