Thread: EverQuest - 18 Years Celebration - Can get a free heroic character until March 31

The Old Timers Guild Hoshiharetsu's Avatar

Arcade

EverQuest - 18 Years Celebration - Can get a free heroic character until March 31

Just wanted to share this in case we have any OTGers who still play or did play and wanted to take advantage of this:

https://www.everquest.com/news/free-...th-anniversary

Can't believe it's been 18 years already
    Current Games:
    Rift, EQ2,

Console: PS4

Arcade

Re: EverQuest - 18 Years Celebration - Can get a free heroic character until March 31

Yeah, I recently had gone back, Had found my characters on whatever servers they wound up on. And began playing my level 70 enchanter and mage again on Cazic. When I logged in yesterday and saw it I used it on them.

Level cap is now 105. And if you are subscribed or use a kronos for a month, you can use the auto grant ability to gain Free assigned AA points appropriate to your levels so it helps you get to a place where you are basically useful in groups and that you will not have to sit somewhere and grind AAs for months on end to be able to play the game with others.

Mith

Re: EverQuest - 18 Years Celebration - Can get a free heroic character until March 31

Well, I downloaded EQ2 and logged into all my accounts trying to figure out how to get my free characters. lol... reading is hard!

Arcade

Yeah, it was just for EQ the original game.

I returned to EQ as well. I have most of my toons on Cazic Thule, but my pal with whom I've been playing MMOs (starting w/ EQ) had established himself on Fiorina Vie, so I have some toons there now. Having been away and trying so many other MMOs, I still find Everquest to be the best game of them all. Yeah, the graphics are really wanting, but I'm having more fun on an RPG than I have had in a long time.

I joined OTG in anticipation of the upcoming Pantheon game. I joined the SWTOR group because I'd been active there up until a couple of weeks ago. While I'm most interested in joining the pantheon group, I wonder why there is no Everquest group? I bet there are more of us who have returned to EQ, which, as I stated earlier, remains unmatched in depth and breadth. How about we make a nice EQ group again?

The Old Timers Guild Hoshiharetsu's Avatar

Arcade

Yeah I was born and bred on FV, and run a small light RP guild (Just me and a buddy) Moreso for the ability to decorate a guild hall
    With work, EQ has been the main game for me atm. However now (I'll make another post) with the Agnarr server announced, maybe there might be interest enough for a chapter on that server? Who knows!
    Current Games:
    Rift, EQ2,

Console: PS4

Arcade

For now I am going to stay on Cazic. I ended up redoing my characters several times so far and have settled on working on gnome enchanter (my first class love), dark elf mage and Iskar necromancer towards 105. I tried gnomes for all of them but the tinkering tradeskill they got made using the Deluxe Toolkit as bags really, really annoying. So kept it to my enchanter who is going to play around with Tradeskills again as money and time permits.

I've been enjoying the Heroic Adventures stuff they are different enough from run to run that I am not getting tired of them like I was with the rehashed command missions in SWTOR.

I'm not real sure if I would be interested in the new progression server as I have a tendency to have to become inactive on subs due to real life issues. I would hate to commit to that and then suddenly lose access to the characters and server if I had to drop all access for a while. Plus I had tried one of the special servers a while ago (Mayong the one where characters could start at 50) and it was fun for a while, but then everyone got into the rush rush rush of progressing and I just had other things I had to worry about.

Mith

Thread Information