Thread: Is any FF online game free to play?

Is any FF online game free to play?

I wanna try one out before commiting...ty

FFXIV General Officer - My soul's worth at least 9 DKP Phoenix's Avatar

Arcade

Re: Is any FF online game free to play?

I thought the ffxiv just gave you unlimited time recently. And brave exvius is free. A few mobile games are.

The Old Timers Guild - Likes them really long...titles that is Mae Is Mean's Avatar

Arcade

Yes, there is a free trial with unlimited time on it. You have level and money caps, and quite a few chat restrictions, but it definitely gives you a feel for the game.]

FFXIV - Maelya Mae
    Retired: Wildstar (Maelya et all) | EverQuest II (Maelya et all)

may try this then

downloading and patching now...ish....am I allowed in free trial to join/talk to guild?

seeing guild = free company I wont but thats ok...I got enough time to decide

Just so you know, the game is down till midnight PST tonight for data center relocation. Times can vary but I just checked and the game is still down atm.

ok....so should I stop download and wait?

FFXIV Chapter Leader - My glazed nuts are ready! Ronnie Nuu's Avatar

Arcade

Hey Whiskey,

You can still complete your download.. servers are due to be up midnight tonight.
    For your trial account you cannot join free companies, but feel free to connect with any of the officers or members
    Our guild house is in Mist, Ward 3 Plot 15... drop on by!

See you out there!

excalibur server?

Aye, we are on Excalibur which is part of the Primal data center.

Your first boss will be getting on Excalibur due to high population from being a 1.0 legacy server. If you can pop on right when maintenance is over you may have a good shot at it.

The Old Timers Guild - Likes them really long...titles that is Mae Is Mean's Avatar

Arcade

You can't join the FC, but you CAN join a Linkshell, so you can still have some comms with us, tho the FC based linkshells are pretty quiet haha. Better than nothing tho!

FFXIV - Maelya Mae
    Retired: Wildstar (Maelya et all) | EverQuest II (Maelya et all)

Hey... I need to get into those FC linkshells. I asked about that on the forum and then... promptly got distracted...

Oh and... this game is highly addicting.

It has an annoyingly good story, and disgustingly great graphics to watch... followed by frustratingly catchy music and horribly good gameplay... All the ruinous elements to get you stuck in here...
    FFXIV: Makeda Fyah (tank+melee), Asante Fyah (heal+range) | Overwatch: kichwas#1472 (Orisa, Lucio, Sombra, Mei, McCree "mains") | Semi-Innactive: WoW: Horde, Askala. Inactive yet will return eventually: Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, Wildstar

just made a cat guy ranger on excalibur....now as F2P am I only allowed 1 character per server or?

The following terms and conditions apply to players who choose to use the FINAL FANTASY® XIV (the “game”) free trial (“Free Trial”).
    These Free Trial terms are incorporated into the FINAL FANTASY® XIV User Agreement, located here (http://sqex.to/ffxiv_ua_na). By participating in the Free Trial, users agree to be bound by the FINAL FANTASY® XIV User Agreement, the Square Enix Privacy Policy, and all other applicable Square Enix and FINAL FANTASY® XIV policies and terms of service.
    The following terms and conditions apply to players who use the Free Trial (“Free Trial Players”):

• Free Trial Players are not required to purchase licensed software to use the Free Trial.
    • One (1) Free Trial account may be registered using a Square Enix account so long as that Square Enix account has not been previously registered with any version of the game.
    • Free Trial Players cannot make in-game micro transactions during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players can create only eight (8) playable characters, restricted to one (1) playable character per world.
    • Free Trial account characters have their level capped at level thirty five (35).
    • Free Trial account characters can obtain only a capped amount of in game currency (GIL).
    • Free Trial Players cannot use the "shout", "yell" or "tell" in-game chat options during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players cannot access the in-game market board during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players cannot trade items with other players during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players cannot use the Mogletter service during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players cannot hire a retainer character during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players can join a Linkshell if invited, but cannot create a new Linkshell during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players cannot create or join a Free Company during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder, but cannot assemble a party during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players cannot login to the Lodestone and or any other game forum during the Free Trial.
    • Free Trial Players cannot progress past Floor 10 in the Deep Dungeon during the Free Trial.

Square Enix reserves the right to make amendments to the Free Trial and these Free Trial terms, or to add or remove limitations on Free Trial Players, with or without notice in its sole discretion at any time.

ahh...ty

A single character can multiclass and play every class so the only reason to have alts is so you can look two kinds of fabulous at the same time.
    (which is what I do)

At level 10 class changes unlock, and at 15
    plus story progress city travel unlocks letting you get every class.

Once you sub, I think within a month you get a free "fantasia potion" which lets you do a full redesign of your character race / look / etc.

Just a word of caution about catguys: the male sunwalkers named "Tia" - that is a "social gelding". Only one member of the tribe has "relations" and he has that role till another male kills him. The females: they have no choice in who they "relate" with or when or where...

That's why I went moon walker...

Those sunwalkers are weird...

Moonwalkers are led by a gathering of grandmas, and folks can have any kind of "relations" they do or do not want. No weird rules.

As you explore you will start to run into lots of "catgirl harems, dancers, and brothel "workers"... So far all of these I have looked at have been sunwalkers (cat eyes)... and this is why... sunwalker women are property... moonwalker women wield big axes and magic spells.
    Last edited by Kichwas; 05-18-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    FFXIV: Makeda Fyah (tank+melee), Asante Fyah (heal+range) | Overwatch: kichwas#1472 (Orisa, Lucio, Sombra, Mei, McCree "mains") | Semi-Innactive: WoW: Horde, Askala. Inactive yet will return eventually: Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, Wildstar

I went Moonwalker myself

Oh contact me in game, my characters name is Oddtopsy Servant, dont ask...lol

Thread Information