Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, my names Baniv the full name being used in FFXIV is Baniv Isaraed, I'm running a level 23 Glad right now, planning to go Pally at 30 then try out Dark Knight at 50. My wife is Reyn on the forums her character is Sayera Reyn IG. She's playing a level 20 Conjurer and plans on going White Mage.

I originally joined OTG for Revelation Online with my wife however she's not a fan of RO after playing it for awhile and going though a few different classes, so we decided to try FFXIV and we're really enjoying it. We're long time MMO players but our tastes with said genre differ, I'm more a hardcore pvp/raider prefering action combat over tabbed targeted and she's more casual raider/quests really enjoys playing in groups with a relaxed atmosphere. We've both played City of Hero's, WoW, Warhammer, Champions Online, SWTOR, BDO and RO many other MMO's.

I've only been with OTG since December and she's much newer I think April and she really never played with anyone in the guild except me as she was in the alt guild for RO and didn't play much since she just wasn't happy with the game. We're here and hoping to make some new friends, I'm already in the guild in game and have found some friends from RO so I'm very excited to be playing with you all.

If there's anything a FFXIV newbie can do to help just ask and please forgive the amount of question's I know I'll be asking of game mechanics and such. While I tend to do a lot of research online sometimes the answers are hard to find or it's more convenient to ask in game.

Looking forward to playing with everyone!

Comment

Hi All,

I just rejoined OTG after a 3 year hiatus and am getting back into FFXIV. I just had my characters transferred to Excalibur from Leviathan and looking forward to fun times with you all. My main character's name right now is Stocky Bamqs. See you all soon!

Comment

Welcome, and Welcome back :)

Comment

Bedlam Moonshadow checking in. A naughty black cat with a penchant for mischief and mayhem. I'm on the opposite side of the world from most of you so other than the weekends I'll probably be creeping when you're sleeping.

Comment

Welcome Bedlam!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bedlam View Post
              Bedlam Moonshadow checking in. A naughty black cat with a penchant for mischief and mayhem. I'm on the opposite side of the world from most of you so other than the weekends I'll probably be creeping when you're sleeping.
              you and I will be great friends :D I, too, am a creeper at the sleepers.
              gw2- P H O - elementalist , Pho U - ranger, Pho Noodle - guardian
              wildstar- Pho Nom - medic
              BnS- Pho Chay - Sum, Pho Yoo - phorce master
              Revelation Online- PhoMaker - occultist, PhoYuu - swordmage
              FFXIV- Pho Lover - white mage

Comment

Originally posted by Nattydread View Post
                Just purchased the base game and DLC on a whim, been intriguing me a while.. can't get on Excalibur, should I be patient or give it a whirl on a different world?
                Best bet is to try just before or just after update times. There will be an update this Tuesday (starts early morning, estimated completion time is 3am PT/6am ET). Since it's so close to the release of SB, trying in the middle of the night might not get you much, except MAYBE tonight because people are waiting for Tuesday's patch. I would personally set my alarm for whatever time for your time zone and try to make a character as soon as the servers are up from maintenance.

The other option is to create on another server and transfer, but that costs money.

FFXIV - Maelya Mae
                Retired: Wildstar (Maelya et all) | EverQuest II (Maelya et all)

Comment

Hello from Lesca Aethelbeorn Excalibur Server!

I am a Recruit, though I hope to enjoy the new expansion with all of you soon!

Comment

Welcome Lesca!
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome Lesca :)

Comment

Welcome Lesca :)

Comment

Hello. Just started FFXIV a couple weeks ago. Wanted to see if I liked it before applying to the chapter. Really have been enjoying it so I requested entry yesterday. Thanks to Ronnie and Ariki for helping me in. My toon is Tipharieth Anon. I've picked up all three mage classes and all the craft/gather jobs on him, but his primary Job will be healer. The others are mostly for just diddling around with when I get bored or don't have much time. I'm a slow leveler what with reading every help and quest texts and such. And I can spend a whole day just fishing. So it's probably going to be a while before I join you guys for high level stuff. But if anyone gets a yen to play on their lowbies, feel free to holler at me.
                          "Go ahead and start without me. I got your back. Trust me."

Comment

Hi Sibrw. fyi there's bonuses for people helping newbies. Please speak up in FC chat, a lot of us oldies are standing around chitchatting with our other friends on the server who may or may not be in OTG! We love helping people, and also there's the option of hulksmashing through content (which I personally really love to do) so if you see a Pho Noodles in FC member list just call out! Welcome to the family!

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                            Working...
                            X