This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombies Ate My Dog [ValMod, A15, PVE]

If anyone is interested, a few of us have been playing the game and put up a server running VALmod - Overhaul.

More info:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...730-Valmod-Pac

Client Files Needed: (removed link since they're refreshing regularly, see Valmod thread for the latest)

Server Info:

Name: Zombies Ate My Dog (listed under the modded servers page)
    Address: 108.61.109.18 Port: 25655
    Version: A15

Private Server: You need to register on our site to gain access, we chose to do this to maintain a better community.

Feel free to contact me if you need any other details or have any problems.

Game on!
    Last edited by Tartarus; 10-06-2016, 01:59 PM.
    Current Addictions: The Division, Fallout 4, ESO and Wildstar
    Contact Me:
    Twitter @Thelget | Twitch.tv/Thelget | Steam ID - L8knightz | Uplay - Thelget
    **PC Only Gamer**

Re: Built a Modded Server [ValMod]

Update: Server is now running Valmod - Overhaul since the A15 patch.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 10-06-2016, 09:57 AM.
    Contact Me:
    **PC Only Gamer**

Comment

Sucks that you had some bad eggs join. I actually hosted my own overhaul server for myself and the few OTGers that joined with me since you hit capacity a couple of times and we wanted to try our own settings. That and I just really wanted to see the server side of it.

Anyway, thanks for hosting and we might hit you up after alpha 15 for access if you're still at it and have room.
      Diablo 3(PC) - Btag: Kognos#1500
      Ark(PC) - Steam: Kognos

Comment

Yeah, but better to do it now rather than later. Everyone seemed cool with it and having it be a controlled community is better for everyone anyway.
        You're welcome anytime, just ping me or drop by the game server website (zombiesatemydog.com). We're looking at other mods to do and some other tinkering to make things interesting :)
        Contact Me:
        **PC Only Gamer**

Comment

I might drop in and check it out. I like the game well enough but I don't have much experience with/against other people. I don't know what kind of mods you have set up but I would be willing to come check it out once I get over/past the game I'm playing at the moment.

Thanks!

Comment

Awesome to see people are still keeping up with this game. I love it and may try to hop on once I am over the NMS and Albion Online hype. I would guess the next patch will be dropping over Halloween but should be able to be on before that.

Comment

Is this game ever going to actually break out of Alpha?

Comment

madmole said they hope to only have like a 2 week beta in the early part of next year and then release after so hopefully we will see a release version in the 1st half of 2017

Comment

To be fair after trying ARK on it's free weekend 7D2D already feels like it is out of alpha.
                  Not just another pretty color...
                  Steam | Twitch.tv | Youtube Gaming Videos | Gamer related blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by Greyed View Post
                    To be fair after trying ARK on it's free weekend 7D2D already feels like it is out of alpha.
                    totally agree....i'd be perfectly happy with the $25 I spent if they had no more updates (but I cant wait till Alpha 15) I've put in 88 hours and have yet to reach day 14. I keep starting over as I learn new things and I love day 1 as much now as I did the first time I dropped into the game. In fact the first few days might just be my favorite days. I love starting a new random map and seeing what bizarre combination of land masses I have to play in.

Comment

It seems the players on ZombiesAteMyDog feel the same way. I let them know a couple days ago the upcoming patch is going to force a server wipe and they were actually excited :) After seeing some of the huge bases people have built I thought they'd be upset, but nope... they can't wait to start over.

Its a pretty massive patch and makes much of what is included in ValMod now part of the base game. Valmar [ValMod author] plans to update his mod as well to work with A-15, so we'll see how that goes.

Anyone playing on ZAMD should visit our server forums to chime in on what you'd like to see when we move to A15. Looking forward to this update
                      Contact Me:
                      **PC Only Gamer**

Comment

I noticed that back when I first got into Minecraft and invited OTG onto my server. I had a regular reset. I made the map available for download so people could still continue on solo, but the server got a fresh start every few weeks? Months? I forget which. Most people played in the weeks immediately following the resets then interest would wain until the next one. :)
                        Not just another pretty color...
                        Steam | Twitch.tv | Youtube Gaming Videos | Gamer related blog posts

Comment

People have been asking me about A15, so just a quick post to answer those:

I'm likely not going to update the server to A15 until its officially released. This is simply because they've been releasing updates to it that require wipes and I'd like to avoid having to do that to the server every week or so. If they do release a version that won't require any further wipes then I can do the upgrade.

If you'd like to suggest server mods for the new refresh, feel free to join our discussion.
                          Contact Me:
                          **PC Only Gamer**

Comment

A15 is now Live! Server is patched!

Update

Zombies Ate My Dog is up and running with A15 and also, VALmod - Overhaul version. Since the expansion version isn't ready (or wasn't at the time of A15's release), I opted to install the Overhaul mod.

If you were a member of the server, be sure to do a fresh install of 7 Days to Die and install the VALmod client files. Server settings have mostly been retained with this refresh (PVE, base protected while offline, etc). A complete settings list is posted in the server forums.

If you're not a member and would like to join us, please register on the website and I'll add you as quickly as possible.
                            Last edited by Tartarus; 10-06-2016, 09:54 AM.
                            Contact Me:
                            **PC Only Gamer**

Comment

Re: Zombies Ate My Dog [ValMod, A15, PVE]

I'm interested in checking out this mod and your server. I have never played with mods in 7DtD, so I have a noob question. After installing the mod files, is it still possible to play on a vanilla dedicated server or with friends whose games are unmodded?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 855 at 08:22 AM on 05-12-2017.

Working...
                              X