A15 Experimental - Anyone else playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A15 Experimental - Anyone else playing?

A friend and I have been messing around with A15 experimental on my home server. Even though starting out was a little tougher than normal, we've really enjoyed the changes so far. The view distance is great and the game looks better than ever.

We're on Navezgane, and decided to go check out Perishton. It was all good until we ran into a couple of cops. The block damage when one of those exploded blew a huge hole in the road. Much like it would if you exploded a gas barrel. It was just nuts. I'd hate to think of what that would have done to our base had one spawned during a horde. I know that the obvious solution is to kill them quickly, but sometimes you just cant.

So far, this is the only change I'm really not liking. I normally leave my server mostly vanilla, except for 90 minute days and PvE tweaks. But if that block damage is still there when A15 drops, I'm modding that crap out. I can see the block damage in the entityclasses xml. Hopefully I can amend it there and be done with it.

Anyone else play A15 experimental and had a run in with the cops?

Re: A15 Experimental - Anyone else playing?

Omg it's a theios!

Sent from Boaty McBoatface in the Balenos Sea.

Comment

Originally posted by SidonieAlaise View Post
      Omg it's a theios!
      Sshhhhh!! Don't shout it out like that, or everyone will want one.

Comment

ZOMG YOUSE GUYS THEIOS TRIED TO SNEAK BACK IN WITHOUT SAYING HAI TO US!!!!!!

Sent from Boaty McBoatface in the Balenos Sea.

Comment

I havent looked at A15 yet, but the Fattys have exploded on death for a while now, though maybe not to the degree you are describing. I have laid a couple of survivors at the feet of a fatty's exploded corpse.
          "MMO communities eat their young" - unknown

~ Current Games ~
          Warframe - Findywen
          Steam - [OTG] Findywen
          Battlenet - Findywen#1614 Overwatch Stats
          ~ Previous Games ~
          Marvel Heroes - Fndywen (I am an idiot[or a lepper] and dropped an i)
          75% of those ever released - Findywen, Putok, Summr, Autmn, Wintr or Fieora(only in VG)

Comment

Originally posted by Findywen View Post
            I havent looked at A15 yet, but the Fattys have exploded on death for a while now, though maybe not to the degree you are describing. I have laid a couple of survivors at the feet of a fatty's exploded corpse.
            Yes, they will explode in A14.7, and do considerable entity damage to the player. Pretty much insta-gib if you are next to one. But now they are doing considerable block damage as well. Craters in the middle of asphalt roads. Blew a wall out of a building. It's like blowing up a gas barrel.

Comment

I think I like that. As it is defense is relatively easy. 4 walls in a square with a bit of an overhang - and you just shoot them as they hit the wall. Had a play through with a friend that we got through the first 7 weeks without ever getting more than 1 or two crude fire arms. We were using bows and crossbows for even the largest horde. I dont think we started seeing the fatty's till the 4th week (maybe, its been a few months). It probably wont be till A16 that we do a play through again, we generally play only every 2 or 3 releases to keep it from getting stale, but I look fwd to to this added difficulty in zed defense.
              "MMO communities eat their young" - unknown

~ Current Games ~
              Warframe - Findywen
              Steam - [OTG] Findywen
              Battlenet - Findywen#1614 Overwatch Stats
              ~ Previous Games ~
              Marvel Heroes - Fndywen (I am an idiot[or a lepper] and dropped an i)
              75% of those ever released - Findywen, Putok, Summr, Autmn, Wintr or Fieora(only in VG)

Comment

Next to the annoyance of dealing with a dog horde, those fatty cops are probably the most difficult mobs to deal with because of the range damage and AoE explosion upon death if not killed before their proximity timer runs out. I would rather get stuck shooting a feral zombie 182 times with a bow and arrow than to deal with those cops...

Comment

Another OTGer and I have been playing the current build and rather enjoying it. Iron is scarce and so are decent weapons. The start was difficult, the dogs slaughter you repeatedly if you spawn in a wasteland biome. We've really enjoyed the slower slog through skills and the scarcity of resources. We're in to week three and finally have a decent garden up and running so food isn't an issue. That then lets us spend more time trying to prepare, defend and search. We also used the trader for the first time last night and planted our first hops plant. We have few real complaints but the crashing while looking at a cooking fire/forge/worktable do it's processing is a pain in the arse.
                  https://www.facebook.com/SteelWoolGaming?ref=hl

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 855 at 08:22 AM on 05-12-2017.

Working...
                  X