X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: People Playing Elite: Dangerous

Originally posted by Killaton View Post
    Just obtained ED - Horizons.. Logged in for the first time tonight. Lots of questions, but this forum is just for letting everyone know who's playing - see you in game!! KILLATON in game..

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

You might have already done them but the tutorials are good.

Don't forget to turn on auto-rotation (or close to that) so when you enter a station landing is easier/your ship will rotate as the station does.

You might want to get a feel for the environment first before delving into Power Play. A few months ago I finally pledge to a power for the first time and as
    I had read I had enemy powers gunning for me. Be one less hassle until you get familiar.

Fuel scoops are great. Had one installed on the couple ships I owned. I had not really thought about it but you can only fuel scoop from certain
    stars.

When you do enter a conflict zone you will have to declare which side your fighting for. Right side hologram menus. I believe it's the last tab/menu
    that lists your ship status ... ie: lights OFF , rotation ON , at the very top will be a line of which I can't remember what it says the important part is at the end
    is a drop down tab with the two factions in the conflict zone. You can find out who (say) "Purple Movement of the People" and "Miner's 249 Gold Cartel" are via
    the same right hologram window under reputation. One could be a pirate gang and the other a Corporation that's Federation for example. Could impact whatever
    factions you are trying to gain positive faction with.

Took me forever, couple hours, to figure this one out. Landed on a planet at a ground port/outpost. Docked my ship like I would at a space based outpost (get
    lowered *into* the station). Took my Scarab out for a drive ... couldn't figure out how to get back to my ship. To dock back at your ship you'll have to request
    docking permission .... then along the side of the planet based port will be what looks like horizontal sliding doors with a number like 2 or 3. There's a blinking light
    that didn't show up very well on my monitor. If I remember right once I got near the center of the door it opened. Drive forward into the lines on the floor inside
    the bay.

I haven't fired up Elite in three months so my memory sketchy.

It's a great beautiful space sim. I use to play the hell out of it back on my Commodore 128 then Frontier Elite and Elite 2 or whatever it was back on my Amiga. This
    version sometimes just feels like a second job to me though.

Good luck
    Waiting on Pantheon : RotF , kickstarter Pathfinder pledge

Playing : Grim Dawn , Path of Exile , FO4 nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by Ranter View Post
      Going to reinstall after the Star Citizen free week... If I can get it to run. Keeps crashing (install failed several times too, not impressed so far).
      I had a similar problem. Some files were damaged during a Steam update, and this also caused a log in problem. Had to uninstall, reinstall, and then log in to get a login token file so it would then properly enable my paid content. Royal pain but it is working again. Soured me on the game due to my lack of free time. Hope the next major update (Engineers) does not have a similar outcome.
      Live Long and Prosper

Comment

Added to here
        Theorem: You are all figments of my imagination!

Proof: You go away, but I am always here.

Conclusion: I have an over-active imagination

Comment

Forum name Thantoss
          ingame name Thantoss
          currently playing

FFXIV Bloody Scythe

Previously Played Games

too many to list :green:

Comment

Test

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
            "The cool people wear PINK"

Steam: Benbrada - Origin: Benbrada
            - Raptr: Benbrada - Battle.NET ID: Benbrada#1847 - PSN ID: Benbrada
            OTG Social Networks: Twitter and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Benbrada View Post
              Test
              Fail!
              Steam/XBL/Origin: mjayg | Cryptic: @mjayg | B.net: Ranter#1882 | GW2: Ranter.5492 | SkyForge: Ranter Paragon
              Defiance/Marvel Heroes/Shadowrun Chronicles: Ranter | Disney Infinity: SWAS3775113
              SWL: Ranter | SWTOR: Ranter (Legacy) | The Division: RanterX | Wildstar: Boss Ranter
              Marvel Future Fight/DC Legends: RanterOTG | Force Arena/Galaxy of Heroes/Clash Royale: Ranter

Kul Tiras: Ranter | Bladefist: Ranter | Anvilmar: Ranter

Comment

Mathwei - Mathwei

Comment

I will see if I can add you

Comment

I'm playing. Exploration mostly. in Open Play. CMDR J.M.Bray.

Cheers

Comment

• The guild is "Old Timers Guild" and you must apply there. If I see you there and here, then I will let you in.

Comment

Working...
                      X