No announcement yet.

Getting over the frustration hump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick post, want to jump back in game , according to "the youtubes" just go help the " local law" blast bad guy real quick $$$. trying that right now
    GW2 Sarcasnn Level 80 Human Necro, Ajaxznow Level 80 Asura Ranger, Fire Snowfall Level 80 Human Elementalist, Verdrix Snowclaw Level 80 Charr Warrior.

You never know just how you look through other people's eyes. Butthole Surfers

Comment

Originally posted by scoot View Post
      Qyet was kind enough to start an account name "Old Timers Guild". If you've posted in the sticky post about joining, he'll get around to an invite.

Private groups are named after the toon that started them. Cultivate your "Friends" list and have those friends invite you to their private groups. It will help, later on.
      Also, make your own private group and invite friends to it.

Other than private groups, there are no official in game structures for people, even the ones you read about in the news, i.e. "Fuel Rats", "Canonn Research", etc.
      They are created and maintained mostly in forum associations and small acknowledgements from the dev team, such as ship decals and news item fiction.

If you are interested, inara.cz has a quite a few listings of groups that you can have a look at, as well as finding them on the official forums.
      Aha! That makes sense. I posted on the Old Timers Guild thread so I'll keep an eye out for an invite some day. =) (and requested to join) I wonder if they're going to add player corporations at some point. I'm starting to sound like EVE but hey that's what I'm more familiar with. It seems like a fairly natural fit already though. Either way though this all makes sense now, thanks!!
      "Where there is light, there is darkness." - Ramirez, Skies of Arcadia
      Main is typically Elerene Ostinato or some form of Jadestorm.
      Current primary MMO: Final Fantasy XIV
      Find me: Steam | Origin:TheJadeStorm | Uplay:thejadestorm | MS Live

Comment

Forgot to mention:

I'm not bragging because there are FAR richer players in the game. Even after buying (and selling) a couple of Imp Cutters and Fed Cruisers) I tend to fall back on a smaller ship when I'm in the bubble and mission running.

One of my favorite ships I maintain is one I call the "Fireball Express". It is a Cobra MKIII (NOT MKIV). I absolutely love this ship.It USED to be the most multi-purpose capable ship when starting out. It also happens to be one of the FASTEST ships you can buy, early on. At about 8mil for a fully kitted, A-rated ship, you can just boost away from almost ANYTHING npc that'll interdict you, except for an Imp Clipper. Those you can avoid because they'll have to charge the weapons to shoot at you, which means they won't have the pips to get max engines to chase you.

At about 367k for the basic hull, it's easy to get into one of these and just move your kit around to change the role that you want to use it.

I use it to run smuggling missions, mainly, but also keep a planetary vehicle module handy for exploring and resource gathering.

I still maintain that I will GIVE any OTGer the funds to get into one, if you can catch me in game (toon name is Laust). I'm sort of playing GW2 this month, but if you PM me, I'll make an effort.
        I don't know that I want to ask for money at this time, but I'll drop you a friend request in-game in the near future regardless! (I'm Daniel Grimmstorm) It looks like I was gifted two Viper MkIVs at some point along the way. I've been using those as my general purpose ships atm. However I'm intrigued with the Cobra now. =D I miss the agility of my Eagle a lot of times. I picked up a Diamondback Explorer that I'm slowly outfitting and have my eyes set on either the inner or outer parts of the galaxy. Been doing bounty missions lately gathering up some money -- all in all I feel like I'm "off and running" now! Thanks everyone! =D So much to learn still

Comment

Originally posted by jadestorm View Post
          I don't know that I want to ask for money at this time, but I'll drop you a friend request in-game in the near future regardless! (I'm Daniel Grimmstorm) ... (snip)...

... (snip)... all in all I feel like I'm "off and running" now! Thanks everyone! =D So much to learn still
          You wouldn't be asking for money, just let me know if you need a boost. When you get to over a billion and it's still not enough, you'll know what I'm talking about.

You are "off and running".
          Trading is boring, but makes $$$ and raises your rep.
          Exploring and selling the data makes $$$ and raises your rep.
          Combat missions makes $$$ and raises your rep.

If you want the Galaxy in your name, you a have a fine short term goal. If you want the Universe, well... let's just say we might have something in common. :)

Go everywhere, see everything, do the missions, get the t-shirt, then shoot them.

CMDR Laust (Elite Trader, Elite Explorer, Dangerous Combat)

"Joie de vivre..."

Comment

Hmmmm

Comment

Go everywhere, see everything, do the missions, get the t-shirt, then shoot them.
              WHY WOULD YOU SHOOT A T-SHIRT? What kind of monster are you? =D =P

Comment

Originally posted by Donzi42 View Post
                Hmmmm
                OMG! It lives!
                "Joie de vivre..."

Comment

Maybe... That's up for debate

Comment

Whoa, Hey! Are you taking my lines?
                    "Joie de vivre..."

Comment

You weren't kidding about that Cobra being fast! Bought one last night and haven't really outfitted it but was just speeding around the station -- definitely going to be one of my fav ships. =D

I guess I need to go find meta alloys now o_O (just went to see felicia farseer) Look forward to getting some time in this weekend. =) Been dancing between FFXIV and E:D.

Comment

Originally posted by jadestorm View Post
                        You weren't kidding about that Cobra being fast! Bought one last night and haven't really outfitted it but was just speeding around the station -- definitely going to be one of my fav ships. =D
                        i know how you feel. it was so nice to able to get into the cobra and actually have some options on what to do. i still keep one to use for various missions, or if a station can't take my anaconda XD. one thing you will need to look into at some point, if you haven't already, are the engineers. something i need to do honestly. might be time to bust out my cobra again! :p

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                        Working...
                        X