Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFall has FALLEN.... but it might get back up

http://www.mmorpg.com/firefall/news/...ent-1000044780

So it seems FireFall is no more. All official web links lead to the same place, and tell us that the dream has died. A mobile game is claimed to be in production, and that players will benefit greatly from it. I doubt player will, but the developers are probably more likely to profit from a mobile game cash cow.

So as mentioned in this sub forum, and in the Game Development sub forum, Red5 and FireFall cofounder Mark Kern is working on a project to reboot FireFall under the name Em-8er. Quick version is they have raised $100k for a fully playable demo via Unreal 4 engine. It is a different IP, but has some similar fast paced action/resource mining concepts. The Dev team is a mix of former Red5 staff, FireFall players, and others that has joined in. Plans are to get a demo made by Fall 2017, and hopefully have a crowdfunding milestone to get the final game made.

So.... DANNIT.

I have not funded Em-8er, but plan to see what happens. As for FireFall.... I have some decent memories.... and a shrink wrapped beanie.
    Live Long and Prosper

At least you have the beanie!

Comment

I stare at it from time to time.... and call to it.

Beanah. Be he he henah. *sounds like the Feeny call from Boy Meets World*

Yes. I am a dork. =P
      Live Long and Prosper

Comment

You're in the right place then.

Comment

Goodbye, FireFall! We had some good times during a couple of your many iterations at least! I'll miss the Chosen invasions of Thump Dump - they were a blast, even if it turned the game into a slideshow on my old computer.

@ScrapsOTGPSN ID: Pythonesque Steam ID: [OTG] Scraps

Comment

Here's to hoping that Ember can take up the Tiki torch!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
            Working...
            X