Need help choosing a new game...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing a new game...

So with the sale going on at gog.com, I find myself needing to buy a new game. You know, because... just because, damnit! :P

So the titles that I'm considering are all of the RPG genre:
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (Both I & II) $13
    Pillars of Eternity $18
    Divinity: Original Sin $20

So, old timers... Can you help me decide? I've read reviews (both "professional" and users) and they all seem to have similar things said about them. Which makes it tough! What would you purchase - and why?
    GW2
    Gordun (Sylvari Ranger) - Klassak (Asura Engineer) - Raeluus (Norn Guardian)

SWTOR
    Densea (Sith Sorcerer) - Gordun (Commando)
    LOTRO
    Erbryt (Man/Captain)

Re: Need help choosing a new game...

All solid choices. Pillars is my favorite of those but if you never played Baldur's and can get both (enhanced) for $13, do it.

If you like that style of game, Tyranny is awesome too when it goes on sale.
    BattleNet: Elidien #1860 Steam: templarga1976 ESO: @templarga1976

Comment

I have played them all and enjoyed them. I would hold off on original sin, as the new one is coming out (unless you are a "completionist"). I'd start with BG, then on to pillars if you are not burnt on rpg by that point :)
      Games with OTG
      GW2/ TOR/ CoH/ AoC/ Rift/ WoW/ DDO/ LOTR/ Champions Online/ Runes of Magic/ StarTrek/ Warhammer online/ EQ2/ Secret World/ Wildstar/ ESO/ Skyforge

Comment

They are all good .... but I if I had to list them in order of preference ... Pillars, Divinity, Baldur's.

Comment

I'd pick Pillars out of those three.

Comment

Alright. I appreciate the opinions/suggestions! Thank you...
            What I've decided to do is get both the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Editions for now... and the GOG.com sale goes until next Tuesday, which is plenty of time to add Pillars of Eternity. I was impressed to see the PoE had such a strong liking/following. And I'm VERY glad that I took the time to ask you guys.
            Thank you again, all!

(let's be honest - I'll probably buy PoE later today... it's an impulse thing! lol)
            GW2
            Gordun (Sylvari Ranger) - Klassak (Asura Engineer) - Raeluus (Norn Guardian)

SWTOR
            Densea (Sith Sorcerer) - Gordun (Commando)
            LOTRO
            Erbryt (Man/Captain)

Comment

That's not a bad impulse! :)
              BattleNet: Elidien #1860 Steam: templarga1976 ESO: @templarga1976

Comment

Pillars of Eternity just got a nice fat 1.2GB patch today, with very slim patch notes... so perhaps there's something else coming in the future? ;)

Comment

Tyranny is pretty awesome, definitely do the prologue.
                  Steam/XBL/Origin: mjayg | Cryptic: @mjayg | B.net: Ranter#1882 | GW2: Ranter.5492 | SkyForge: Ranter Paragon
                  Defiance/Marvel Heroes/Shadowrun Chronicles: Ranter | Disney Infinity: SWAS3775113
                  SWL: Ranter | SWTOR: Ranter (Legacy) | The Division: RanterX | Wildstar: Boss Ranter
                  Marvel Future Fight/DC Legends: RanterOTG | Force Arena/Galaxy of Heroes/Clash Royale: Ranter

Kul Tiras: Ranter | Bladefist: Ranter | Anvilmar: Ranter

Comment

Working...
                  X