Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone able to shed some light on why I'm so weak after 3.0 dropped?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone able to shed some light on why I'm so weak after 3.0 dropped?

ok, I run a ranger since open beta. ice shot, I like freezing and shattering mobs. Before 3.0 dropped I could handle teir 9 maps and killing the arena boss on tier 10 was slow but I would win.

before 3.0 I had around 4500 health. There were 2 or 3 4% health nodes left I could pick up. Had a 4 link with frenzy that would generate frenzy + power charges. Then I'd rotate in ice shot. frenzy dmg was ... 10 or 11 K with 77% crit with 357% crit dmg ,,, ice shot was 20k with 55% crit with 327% crit dmg. had 6 frenzy charges and 4 power charges pre 3.0. my attack speed was 3.12 or 3.22. So I figured I was capping out around 90K with an ice shot crit with the frenzy x 6 and power charges x 4.

Now I was doing a regular level up zana from level 7 to level 8 daily mission. zone was lvl 75. If I wasn't paying attention I was getting hammered losing half of my 4600 health life. The arena boss was one of those sea "sirens" room with the 4 cranks and flame floor. I use to wipe this thing out in no time with my blast rain. Couldn't really do more than dent it's health especially when the flame floor areas seemed (NOW) to heal it.

Oh, my ranger has 6 of 8 labrynth points. Level 90 so I have what 89 + 22 or 23 passive skill points.

So, anyone else having a hard time on what was trivial content? Hell, I just been running maps. Never seen Atziri or any of the guardians for the atlas... those are tier 16. It would take me a few years to even begin reaching areas like that.

Sorry , just a bit confused and frazzled at the moment. Game I've helped support financially since what ... 2012? Seems to have screwed me out of what has taken me years to develope. All my gear is self found way before that ever been a thing. Think I tried trading once or twice years ago and gave up on that cluster fk.

Waiting on Pantheon : RotF , kickstarter Pathfinder pledge

Playing : Grim Dawn , Path of Exile , FO4 nowadays

I havnt gotten as high as you have but returning after this patch I see that mobs seem, now seem only, to be badder than pre patch....maybe intended or not I am not sure
    http://

Ganoes Paran: "I want to be a soldier. A hero." Whiskeyjack: "You'll grow out of it." ―Whiskeyjack's first meeting with a 12 year old Ganoes Paran

Comment

Thanks, I agree about the toughness of mobs. Last night did some digging and came across 3 month old podcasters break down of how damage will function.
      I'll have watch them to understand where I now stand in the world.

Comment

Mobs are tougher. (t1-15 maps)

Some builds are weaker - you did re-assign passives, right? :)
        NCO for multiple General Games :
        Path Of Exile
        The Secret World
        Secret World Legend

Please post in the general games invite thread if you would like into one of the above guilds.

Magic Box #1 :
        ** Asus Sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 8350 @ 4.1 Ghz, 24Gb DDR3 1600, GTX 680 4GB @ 5760*1080 3*1080 NV Surround, ~ 2.5 TB Storage **

Magic Box #2
        ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 32GB DDR4 3200, GTX 980 ti, 4K Samsung 3d, WD-Blue 4TB, Crucial MX 300 M.2 Sata 500 GB (Boot), Intel M.2 NVME 500 GB (Games/MMO's), StarTech PCIE 3.0, 1x M.2 NVMe 2X M.2 SATA III **

Please feel free to message me on Steam to set up an invite after making your post in general games. It is best to let me know in the forums or by a message in Steam before sending a friend request so I will accept it.

Comment

So, mobs are tougher 3.0 t1 - t15 ? Is that what your saying?

Yes, but I had no idea of the change to aliments or that even I was double dipping. Been re-reading damage manifesto part 1 and part 2. So my next question is about critical damage multiplier.

I understand, it's stated clearly, that CDMultriplier does not apply to bleed / ignite / poison. Does CDM apply to chill , freeze , shock? On one hand GGG calls fire, shock, chill, freeze elemental aliments with bleed, poison, ignite now being called aliments. So if CDM doesn't affect "aliments" does CDM apply to "elemental aliments". I'm lost on that little difference.

Comment

Well read and re-read the various dev manifesto posts. Watched ziggy, phox, and lifting nerd vids breaking it all down. Moved points around and clearing tier 9 maps again. Did see the ggg msg about bosses rev an increase in health.

Now if I could ever luck out with a bow doing over 200 dmg.

Still unclear if CDM affects ice shot. Its an aliment or was but now chill and freeze are elemental ailments.

Comment

Are you playing in Harbinger or the standard league?
              NCO for multiple General Games :
              Path Of Exile
              The Secret World
              Secret World Legend

Please post in the general games invite thread if you would like into one of the above guilds.

Magic Box #1 :
              ** Asus Sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 8350 @ 4.1 Ghz, 24Gb DDR3 1600, GTX 680 4GB @ 5760*1080 3*1080 NV Surround, ~ 2.5 TB Storage **

Magic Box #2
              ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 32GB DDR4 3200, GTX 980 ti, 4K Samsung 3d, WD-Blue 4TB, Crucial MX 300 M.2 Sata 500 GB (Boot), Intel M.2 NVME 500 GB (Games/MMO's), StarTech PCIE 3.0, 1x M.2 NVMe 2X M.2 SATA III **

Please feel free to message me on Steam to set up an invite after making your post in general games. It is best to let me know in the forums or by a message in Steam before sending a friend request so I will accept it.

Comment

Standard. I don't play leagues is the short answer. Don't have a lot of time per night so I pour it into my main which is like the great great great grand daughter in a line of rangers going back to open beta. Create a build, get to mid 30's, I screwed it up. Create a new ranger, get to 60's, oh shit ... create a new ranger ... hand off the gear again. That's my PoE game.

Anyways, absolutely rampaging in Tier 9 and Tier 10 maps again. My little corner of the world. Bosses take some more time then before but it gets the blood pumping. :)

Comment

My son knows this better than I do, but here are some bits he told me.

Bow on Ranger was nerfed. It is trailing badly from many of the other builds. He tried it out and it just wasn't where it used to be. For this reason he made up his Ranger based wander build that I am running now.

When GGG put out the new content for patching, some dudes with optimized beta builds went in and took down the bosses easily. Then they complained that the bosses were too easy. So they upped the boss lethality and doubled the HP. And so where things are tuned right now is if you are in an overpowered fully tuned build you can maybe drop a boss with a minimum number of deaths. But if you are not optimum, or playing in something that is off the pace, then you are going to struggle. GGG next time should be aware of people in maxed builds testing content difficulty.

He was describing how guys in hardcore early on for some of these act bosses were using 2 player strategies with deliberate disconnects to repeatedly dink the boss and escape and heal up. My direct experience with the act bosses even in this ridiculous build my son came up with is they are hard. I count it as a good run if I down it with maybe 3-4 deaths.

He can probably help you out with your build if you get in Phrozin's discord.

Comment

Thanks. Well that's some grim butt naked news... whew.

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                    Working...
                    X