Announcement

Collapse

New Recruits Start Here

Our recruiting forum has moved! Please go to this forum to apply: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?1678-Membership
See more
See less

Application for Arkwright

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Approved] Application for Arkwright

1) Are you over 25 years of age?

-- Yes, I am 33 years of age.

2) Name of Game

-- World of Warcraft.

3) If you have a forum name on the game's official forums, then please provide it.

N/A

4) Why would you like to join The Old Timers Guild?

-- I've played several different MMOs since 2003 that have had different goals and attitudes about how to play. Some have existed on "hardcore" PvE or PvP schedules and the more recent ones have been two days a week of PvE. I've had moments where I can put more time/energy into the game, but those days are now behind me. I'm looking for an environment that offers something different where I can participate in group activities (like PvE raiding) but at a different pace. An old raiding friend (Lunatrik) contacted me about joining The Old Timers Guild looking ahead to the Warlords of Draenor expansion.

5) What are your expectations as a member of The Old Timers Guild?

-- A chance to find a home with likeminded, mature adults who want to have fun and develop a good community.

6) Please tell us a little about yourself and your prior gaming experience.

-- My first MMO was Star Wars Galaxies in 2003. My favorite game as a youngster was a game called Frontier: Elite, which was a sandbox space simulator in the early 1990s. I loved how open and endless it was, I was always looking for that experience again. A friend told me about SWG, but I balked at the fact that I would have to pay a monthly fee. It seemed insane to buy a game and then pay a monthly fee. I ruled it out, but saw my brother-in-law playing the game months later. After trying it out for myself, I was amazed at this MMO world and how it played. Suddenly the monthly fee didn't seem so ludicrous. I played for over a year before then moving onto World of Warcraft. I raided in Vanilla WoW and reached the Rank 12 in PvP, I certainly put in a lot of hours back then. I've played every expansion since then with my time/days of raiding going down and down. My raiding experience at the start of Mists of Pandaria was two days a week of 3 hours a night. I stopped raiding in April 2013 and have sporadically played WoW a few months since then with no real purpose or participated in any guild activities. I also played a few months of Rift and six months of Star Wars The Old Republic. During this time, I was inactive in World of Warcraft.

7) Briefly describe your most memorable moment while gaming.

-- It's hard to not think about the satisfaction of killing a raid boss for the first time. Even more satisfying when it took a lot of work/effort like Lady Vashj, Archimonde, Razorgore (Horde side - no Paladins made it harder). It's about the community, the coming together to learn all the parts of the encounter and beating it as a team.

8) How did you hear about The Old Timers Guild?

-- Lunatrik contacted me about whether I'd be interested in raiding with the guild. We raided before both in WOTLK and Cata expansions, but haven't played together since. I played the start of the Mists of Pandaria expansion, but haven't raided or participated in any guild community events since April 2013. I wasn't even sure what I would do for the Warlords of Draenor expansion before Luna's whispers. Now I am intrigued by the possibilities in The Old Timers Guild.

9) Do you agree to abide by our Terms of Service?

-- I do.

10) List any other significant information here to be considered.

-- I am not currently on the server at this time.

*** Note *** If you are a friend or relative of a current OTG member, please have that member send a PM to the Chapter Leader of the game you are applying to, stating your relationship to them, what your forum name is, and maybe a good word or two. Have them do this the same day you submit your application, if not the day before. Thank you.

-- Lunatrik did mention to me earlier that he would be following this process. I will send him an e-mail to remind him.
    Last edited by Cristos; 08-29-2014, 12:07 PM.

Re: Application for Arkwright

Verifying I do, in fact, know this fellow and verify he is no more insane than the rest of us :green:.
    Such is the vastness of his genius that he can outwit even himself.

Comment

PM Incoming. Check your notifications in the upper right.

Comment

Invited 10/19/14 by Celexxa.
        Bitter little hedgehog

Comment

Working...
        X